No photos yet.
No review yet.
Leave A Comment
The students in Tamanjaya & Paniis village, Ujung Kulon need our support! The headmaster of SMP TAMANJAYA, Bapak Ramli, our truly local champion initiate class in the weekend for his students who want to learn English and Computer skill. We also work with Kang Hendra, our local champion who initiate a community library at his home for Elementary school student in Paniis village.
Lets be a hero in the weekend for them as a teacher in English / Computer for students in SMP Tamanjaya, Ujung Kulon and elementary school (SD) students at Paniis, the nearby village (+- 3km from Tamanjaya).
Sign up your participation as a volunteer in Weekend Teacher program at this Ramadhan time and share your skill to them.. as well as fulfill your heart by sharing with other. If you wanna check the previous video of volunteering, please check : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IAiHIbjip0
This volunteer travel activity will cost you IDR 700.000 for your own expenses :
– Rent private car from Jakarta – Tamanjaya
– Rent private car from Tamanjaya – Serang
– Public bus from Serang – Jakarta
– Food & Beverages during the trip (5x)
– Shared local homestay room for accomodation
– Boat rent for half day snorkeling exploration at Badul island
Please bring any books / computers, laptop (if any) that you can donate for the students in Kindergarden, Elementary, Junior, and High school at Tamanjaya and Paniis village. We will distribute it directly during our volunteering activity at Tamanjaya.
Here is the itinerary of the Ujung Kulon Weekend Teacher – August series :
FRIDAY, 7 August 2015
21.30 – 22.00 Meeting Point at Slipi Jaya
22.00 – 05.00 On the way from Jakarta to Tamanjaya with Rent Car.
SATURDAY, 8 August 2015
05.00 – 06.00 Arrived at Tamanjaya. Take a rest.
06.00 – 07.00 Breakfast at local homestay, Preparation for snorkeling
07.00 – 12.00 Snorkeling and beach exploration at Badul Island
12.00 – 14.00 Take a shower, Lunch time
14.00 – 14.30 Volunteer Briefing
14.30 – 15.00 On the way to Basecamp Anak Nusantara learning center & Introduction to all students
15.00 – 17.00 Teaching English at Basecamp Anak Nusantara
17.00 – 18.30 BREAK. Sunset view from Dermaga / Sundajaya. Maghrib Prayer
18.30 – 19.00 Dinner at local homestay
19.00 – 21.00 Continue Teaching Computer at Basecamp Anak Nusantara
21.00 – 21.30 Wrap up & QUIZ time!
21.30 – DONE Free time, Take a rest
SUNDAY, 5 July 2015
05.00 – 07.00 Wake up. Take a shower & Breakfast time.
07.00 – 08.00 Packing & prepare to leave Tamanjaya to Paniis village
08.00 – 08.30 On the way from Tamanjaya – Paniis, Briefing Volunteering
08.30 – 12.30 Teach & Sharing with elementary school student at Paniis and Distribute books donation to Paniis Library, arrange the books
12.30 – 14.00 Dzuhur prayer and Lunch time
14.00 – 19.00 Leaving Paniis to Serang Terminal with Private Car
19.00 – 22.00 On the way from Serang Terminal to Jakarta by Public Bus
22.00 – 22.30 Arrived at Jakarta and back to everyone’s home
THINGS TO BRING
- Books for Donation
- Casual Outfit (Light T-Shirt)
- Personal belongings
- Personal medicine
- Reusable bag
- Interesting tools / games for teaching
- Laptop (If any, to support Computer class)
1. Please transfer IDR 700.000 before 6 August 2015 to :
Rekening BCA a.n Dini Hajarrahmah Number : 0312400870
2. Send the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org / WhatssApp to Syahira (0857-7765-2175)
- To be expected on the volunteering : Rocky roadtrip (8-9 hours) especially the last 3 hours the road is very rocky, Sleeping together in local home, The hot weather in Tamanjaya at noon time, Very curious and exciting students that you going to meet!
- If you would like to donate computer/laptop for Ujung Kulon, please kindly contact us for more detail. You can bring it at the trip or contact us to pick it up at your place.
- We have a project going on at Paniis to create a book shelf & give snorkeling equipment that the local will maintain to rent it to the tourist and the money will go for the community. If you want to donate for this project, please kindly transfer your donation to : Rekening BCA a.n Dini Hajarrahmah Number : 0312400870 and send the proof of payment to email@example.com or WhatssApp to Syahira (0857-7765-2175)
Thank you for your participation at this Volunteer travel program!